Thursday, August 14, 2014

My Ethnographic Presentation

I had the opportunity to reflect on my life and how it impacts my teaching. My ethnography is presented below. The process of building my ethnography has led me to reflect on my journey of becoming a teacher.  My life’s experiences have shaped who I am as a teacher. It influences how I relate to my students and how I engage them in learning.  I have been blessed with many opportunities to learn and grow both personally and professionally. I hope to provide my students with many opportunities to help them learn and grow.



Creating my ethnography required planning and building a storyboard, and research. Once I laid out my storyboard with the basic elements I wanted to include, I began my research.  My research began with scouring through old family photographs found in my mother’s photo albums. I then moved on to rummage through my personal photographs and scrapbooks. I visited  the  Meriden Public Library and used their microfiche equipment to find newspaper articles I could use. Once I gathered all the old photographs and articles, I used a flatbed scanner to digitize the material.  I then turned to the internet to find images I could incorporate. Adhering to copyright law, I searched the internet for images that were free to use for noncommercial purposes using Google image search.  Once I had all my content, I imported my content into iPhoto and then into iMovie.  I used iMovie because it allowed me to easily narrate my pictures, add text, and add music. The music I used, was from the iMovie iLife Sound Effects. Once completed, I uploaded my ethnography to Youtube for sharing.

I hope you enjoyed watching my ethnography.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! The music, pictures and your voice all create a mesmerizing presentation. I learned so much about you and am honored to be your colleague.

    ReplyDelete