As a matter of introduction for my ED 722 Distance Learning Trends, Issues and Practices class, I’ve been asked to share a few random facts about myself. Here goes,
- What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
The scariest thing I’ve ever done was go parasailing in Cancun. An experience I will never repeat but am glad I tried.
- What is the best vacation you’ve ever taken?
The best vacation I ever took was the one where I went parasailing. I spent 7 unforgettable days with my sister in paradise, prior to hurricane Wilma.
- What is your favourite movie?
Titanic, The Lake House, The Notebook, Tyler Perry's: Peeples (because my daugther and I were in it...)
- Can you name all 50 US State Capitals?
Yes, I taught US History for 5 years.
- If you could make one thing in your life go away, what would it be?
The squirrels that scurry on our roof every morning.
- Describe a time when you were the happiest.
When my daughter was born!
- Can you play a musical instrument?
No. But I admire all people that can.
- If you were stranded on a deserted island, what is one thing you could not be without?
Cell phone with signal so I can call for help.
- How long did it take you to get to work today?
It usually takes about 7 minutes to get to work.
- Who should teachers be paying attention to on Twitter or in the blogosphere?
In the blogosphere, I think Ian O’Byrne is a good person to follow. He’s very informative.
- When did you know what you wanted to do for a Career? How did you discover that?
I discovered I wanted to teach when I volunteered as a Junior Achievement business consultant in a middle school in Hartford, Ct.. It was a very refreshing and rewarding experience.
- What are your top three favourite books of all time?
The Five Chinese Brothers, Milkweed, and Once Upon a Marigold.
- What is on your bucket list?
To visit Spain with my family.
- What is the best advice you can give to your children?
Be honest, be kind, and be true to yourself.
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
I would travel to Spain.
- What are 3 things that matter to you?
Family, friends, and community.