Sunday, January 5, 2014

Random Facts About Me



As a matter of introduction for my  ED 722 Distance Learning Trends, Issues and Practices class, I’ve been asked to share a few random facts about myself. Here goes,

  1. What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
The scariest thing I’ve ever done was go parasailing in Cancun.  An experience I will never repeat but am glad I tried.

  1. What is the best vacation you’ve ever taken?
The best vacation I ever took was the one where I went parasailing. I spent 7 unforgettable days with my sister in paradise, prior to hurricane Wilma. 

  1. What is your favourite movie?
Titanic, The Lake House, The Notebook, Tyler Perry's: Peeples (because my daugther and I were in it...)

  1. Can you name all 50 US State Capitals?
Yes, I taught US History for 5 years.

  1. If you could make one thing in your life go away, what would it be?
The squirrels that scurry on our roof every morning.

  1. Describe a time when you were the happiest.
When my daughter was born!

  1. Can you play a musical instrument?
No. But I admire all people that can.

  1. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what is one thing you could not be without?
Cell phone with signal so I can call for help.

  1. How long did it take you to get to work today?
It usually takes about 7 minutes to get to work.

  1. Who should teachers be paying attention to on Twitter or in the blogosphere?
In the blogosphere, I think Ian O’Byrne is a good person to follow. He’s very informative.



  1. When did you know what you wanted to do for a Career? How did you discover that?
I discovered I wanted to teach when I volunteered as a Junior Achievement business consultant in a middle school in Hartford, Ct..  It was a very refreshing and rewarding experience. 

  1. What are your top three favourite books of all time?
The Five Chinese Brothers, Milkweed, and Once Upon a Marigold.

  1. What is on your bucket list?
To visit Spain with my family.

  1. What is the best advice you can give to your children?
Be honest, be kind, and be true to yourself.

  1. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
I would travel to Spain.

  1. What are 3 things that matter to you?
Family, friends, and community.

No comments:

Post a Comment